Monday, November 26, 2018

Yi M1 followup

After having shot a lot with this camera and the panasonic 14mm, I have a fair idea of it's capabilities and the lack of as well.
The camera has the potential to be great if Yi develops some ambition but I think they are focusing (EXCUSE THE PUN) more on the casual shooter which is a pity.
The autofocus and shutter lag is a problem in street shooting situations and this persists in manual focus mode as well which is a pity.
I recently shot in JPEG mode and noticed a smearing in fine detail which is not there in DNG. My advice, stick to DNG.
The flash is single point with a sync speed of 1/125 so pretty much any flash will fire in manual mode.
If you put the camera in flash mode on, the shutter speed wont exceed 1/125 even if you turn the flash off (ROLLS EYES).
Yi hey guys..give us some joy.

My YiM1 set on Flickr.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page