Wednesday, April 15, 2009

On the go


When I drive back from Banur to Chandigarh or Dera Bassi, I see a lot of interesting stuff.
I think I will post a few over the next few days to entertain a certain someone who is scoring consistently high on the 'Sour-puss:Wet blanket' scale.
The other day when I was stuck at the Banur traffic lights (which I nearly always am), I saw this guy taking some idols to a temple somewhere. it was the Navratra season, and people are generally full of piety at such times.
I whipped out my phone and took this picture. What is interesting about this picture other than the fact that the gods need a protector and that they are covered is the fact that the tiger (the goddesses' vehicle) has a removable tail. Apparently, the tail is the weak part of the sculpture as well as the fact that it probably takes up too much space. Therefore, someone had the bright idea of putting a pin at the proximal end of the tail and just kinda plugging it into place when needed which I think is a fairly cool way of doing things.
By the way, the man on the truck is not shooing some dogs on towards me, rather he was humming some song to himself and he was moving his fingers in time to the music.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page