Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An interesting morning with a snake


An interesting morning followed an interesting night (damn! I cant get that interesting spelling right only with the spell check). I got up still feeling tired and disgusted...actually the disgust came later. Spent an inordinately long time reading the newspaper and not actually understanding anything that went on in it.
I drove down in my car...my clothes not seemingly fitting well. Did not even notice the trees and the fields that somehow cheer me up every morning and then I saw it almost too late. A huge, glistening, black-brown snake slithering across the road. I slammed on the brakes hard to avoid running it over, and almost went out of control. But the snake now slithered across the road unharmed and unscathed. I felt somewhat better...
So I stopped at a dhaba a few miles down the road....feeling hungry now. I ordered two large parathas with butter and a big glass of lassi to wash it down. By the time I finished my breakfast, I was rs 70 poorer and disgusted again. And that is the way I am now!!!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page