Thursday, March 01, 2007

Image recovery

This post is to talk about a software I downloaded recently. I had taken some pictures on my D200, and while attaching the memory card to my laptop, had downloaded the images using the windows resource to download which incidentally does not download nikon NEF (RAW) files. As a result, I did not know that i did not have the RAW files until after formatting the CF cards.
Was lost for some time when I googled the net and came upon this site, http://www.cgsecurity.org/. From here I downloaded some software and could get back almost all of my images including the NEF's. This software is free and is wonderful to use. I am not representing whoever runs this site but have written this post only because it worked so well and all other softwares are expensive and have to be paid for.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page